John M. Richter has 25 years experience as a wills variation act lawyer, family lawyer Vancouver and personal injury lawyer Vancouver. While maintaining an appreciation of law, its history and the breadth of human experience, John applies a practical approach to effectively solving legal issues.
John has acted for both sides in wills variation, trust litigation and estate litigation claims. Despite the preparation, as a trial lawyer he enjoys court work. He works to bring about fair settlements out of court, but experience proves that the most effective way to obtain fair settlements is to prepare for court. Court is the preferable choice to an unfair settlement.
Outside of court, John Richter has trouble finding clothes and shoes that fit because he grew one size over regulation. To relax, he enjoys motorcycling on Vancouver Island, Oregon and the Sunshine Coast, snowmobiling in the Pemberton Ice Fields and playing tennis at Jericho Tennis Club. He loves poetry including Goethe, Shelley and William Butler Yeats.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- American Association for Justice
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Medical Legal Society of British Columbia
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- 1991 called to the Bar of British Columbia
- B.Com., University of British Columbia, 1981
- LL.B., University of British Columbia, 1990